October 12 2011
Stephanie’s top 10 reasons to ride the 75 @ Lead, follow or get out of my way!
McDowell Mt. Park, Fountain Hills Arizona on November 19 2011
10. Ride management needs at least 10 entries to offset extra time, cost and volunteers needed.
9. Trail loops back to base camp for easy vet checks, making crews not necessary.
8. Mobile phones work during 90% of the trail.
7. Trail is a true 75 miles. This way you will be able to accurately rate your horses performance for moving up to 100’s.
6. McDowell Mt. Park has marked trails, with your map you should know where you are at all times.
5. Safe, groomed trails for riding in the dark.
4. Water stops every 8 – 10 miles.
3. If the unexpected happens there are vet hospitals within 45 min driving time.
2. Point chasers this is the last ride of the season for the southwest region and 75 points are calculated at 1.25 compared to a 50 which is calculated at 1. Example 1st place in a 50 is 150 points 1st place in a 75 is 281.25.
1. Just because you can!! Come on, get out and ride, really ride!!
For flyer and entry go to http://aerc.org/Calendar/2011LeadFollow.pdf or my ride at http://myride.endurance.net/2011/09/sw-lead-follow-or-get-out-of-my-way.html. Any questions feel free to contact Jodie Dukerich, email@example.com or Lancette Koerner, firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com.
We are so fortunate to have photographer Steve Bradley to take photos at the ride. Many of you have seen his work as covers in Endurance News. Steve has been published in Modern Arabian Horse, the Scottsdale show schedule, as well as many other horse publications. Steve's photos will be available for purchase at the ride. He also has a website where you can order photos online at stevesphoto.smugmug.com. Online orders have a shipping fee.