Tuesday 17 May 2011

MT: Sangre Scenic Spring -- CANCELLED

Dear Riders and Friends,

After weighing all the consequences associated with the handing horses due to the current EHV-1 outbreak we have decided to cancel the Sangre Scenic Spring - Pioneer Rides on May 27-29 at Westcliffe, Colorado. Not only would management issues be extensive. The policing of no contact and aseptic practices would be near impossible with the available staff and considering the communal culture of Endurance Events. One policy would have required all horses to be checked by a veterinarian BEFORE it entered the "grounds". If one horse in a trailer had a cough, runny nose or elevated temp, the whole trailer load would be rejected from the ride. This fact alone is not economical for the competitor who made the trip or the ride hosts. There are many many more requirements I won't enumerate. But, the biggest kicker was the possibility of infecting the remuda at Music Meadows Ranch. These horses are livelihood of the ranch and ranch family.

We regret having to cancel. I have reviewed postponement dates with AERC and no available dates would fit. The good news is, we have a great chance of putting on a wonderful Fall ride. Elin and I regret not being able to host you for this Spring. We hope to see you at the Sangre Scenic Fall - Pioneer, September 16-18, 2011.

Best Regards,
Linda Hardeman
Spirit Enterprises, LLC
PO Box 275, Westcliffe, CO 81252

No comments:

Post a Comment